A hearing in the House Energy and Commerce Committee (live feed at their site) tomorrow at 10 a.m. EST will explore the science behind the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's effort to regulate greenhouse gases.
NASA's Gavin Schmidt and Jay Gulledge of the Pew Center on Global Climate Change joins ScienceInsider's Eli Kintisch in liveblogging the event. It appears there will be five majority witnesses, one witness chosen by the Democrats. Come join us, send comments, questions!
The witness list from the committee’s site:
Full Committee Hearing - Climate Change
2318 Rayburn House Office Building Washington, DC 20515 | Mar 31, 2011 10:00am - 12:00pm
Climate Change: Examining the Processes Used to Create Science and Policy
- Dr. J. Scott Armstrong, Professor, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- Dr. Richard Muller, Professor, University of California, Berkley and Faculty Senior Scientist, Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory
- Dr. John Christy, Director, Earth System Science Center, University of Alabama in Huntsville
- Mr. Peter Glaser, Partner, Troutman Sanders, LLP.
- Dr. David Montgomery, Economist
- Dr. Kerry A. Emanuel, Professor, Massachusetts Institute of Technology